I should preface this with the reason we chose Sully's costume. He loves to roar, and he is really good at it. Even Greta gets in on the fun with her little grunty roar. It is so sweet. At this point, Sully even talks back to me in a "ROAR!", its impossible not to smile at that.
Dave didn't get home from work until after 5 so we scrambled into costumes and headed out around 5:30, it was pretty cold, so we were glad to get an early start. We loved the excitement all along the boulevard. The houses were completely decorated, with many of the homeowners in full attire. Greta and I made it to a couple of dozen homes before heading home to pass out candy. Dave and Sully went on and according to Dave, he roared at all of the right times. He was a hit.
We had a massive turn out last year, so I decided to count our trick or treaters this year in order to have a number in mind for years to come. I bought enough candy for 350 kids ($94 dollars worth!), and we ended up with 150 kids. Needless to say, I overshot, no surprise, I always do. I think if it had been a bit warmer I would have been closer.
We have the best neighborhood for Halloween.
| Halloween afternoon smiles. Sully is 2 years and 5 mos. and Greta is almost 12 mos. |
| The difference a year makes, I was 39.5 weeks pregnant with Greta last Halloween. Im wearing the same shirt as last year :). |
| Family selfie while trick or treating. |
| Greta girl helping me pass out candy. |
| Sully in the pursuit of candy. |
| The ladybug and the lion. |
No comments:
Post a Comment