Sunday, May 25, 2014

The man he is.

Today is Dave's 52nd birthday. Birthdays around here are celebrated, we put forth the effort to make them feel extra special. On that note, Happy Birthday, Babe! We celebrate you, you are a gem, one of a kind, and we are all lucky to have you.

We have spent the long weekend doing fun family oriented activities, it has been great. The weather has been amazing. We have filled Sully's sand box which has provided him with endless hours of fun. The best part about it is that Dave is just has happy with his butt in the sand as Sully is. Like father like son. Dave and I went out for dinner last night at Parker's, our favorite restaurant. We are going to grill pizzas on the grill tonight with my parents and then enjoy Dave's favorite cake, which I just finished successfully, no small feat (I have failed in the past).

As we sat at dinner last night, I laid it on thick to Dave, no holding back my love for him and my appreciation of us. It is so important for him to know that we know how lucky we are to have him. I rocked Greta to sleep yesterday for her nap and took some time to read through all of our initial facebook messages to each other in the week leading up to our first date. We are lucky to have those. It brought me back to the nervous days, the anticipation of wether we would see each other at work, and if we did, how I would compose myself while he was around. Then I walked Greta near the window and looked out at our backyard, then pinched myself. In my dreams, I hoped for this life. To find an old perfect house in this amazing neighborhood, to fill it with my family and to make it my forever home. I never knew dreams could come true, but thanks to Dave, I have that life I yearned for and it is amazing. Busy and stressful, but really awesome. It is great to have a husband who enjoys laying on the living room floor, with our baby between us, talking about how great she is, who during his downtime, or before bed, looks through his phone at all of the photos and videos we have taken of the kids, who is willing to take a turn walking Greta in the early hours of the morning, who acknowledges and appreciates the amount of work it takes to be a stay at home mom, who refills my water glass at all hours of the night, who picks out music for the moment and for the people who are visiting, everything is intentional from him, who finds the right key before giving me the whole ring when I am going to unlock the door, who warms my toes, who loves my family, who sends me flowers, who checks in, the list goes on and on. We hit the jackpot when it comes to husbands and daddys, and we know it.

Almost sitting (Dave is holding her hand), 6+ mos.
Sully in the sand.
First time with double stroller. Worked great! 
Nap time for Greta girl.  
Family pic at McKennan Park.
Farmer's market flowers with my sweet boy. 
Tulips and the bundt cake. 
My handsome dinner date. 
Dave and his two kiddos.
Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment