Wow, April came and has almost gone in the blink of an eye. We have been busy with Easter celebrations and are embarking on a basement project (which I hope flies by as quickly as April has...ha!).
We celebrated Easter last weekend with church in the morning followed by lunch and an Easter egg hunt at Mike and Jamie Willard's farm near Colton. It was our third year in a row, and my first year not pregnant. Although Sully still doesn't totally get the concept, he enjoyed running around and finding his eggs. Its safe to say the cinnamon rolls were the biggest hit in his book, though, oh my. That boy has my sweet tooth. Greta slept most of the day, and what a beautiful day it was. We feel really lucky to be included in the Willard celebration.
Maggie and I spent this past week prepping for our friend's bridal shower which we hosted here on Saturday. Sonia has been a friend of both of ours for a long time and she is getting married next month. We are really excited for her. We had 23 guests here for lunch, games and gifts. We had lots of fun prepping and even cleaning after it is all over. It really is great to have a sister as a bff, and to have her so close by.
We continued the celebration later that evening with a bachelorette party for Sonia. I should mention that I snuck in another bachelorette party before Sonia's started for my friend, Megan from DC. What are the chances...two in one night. Sonia's sister did a great job organizing and went all out. We took a party bus to small town bars. It was fun to dance and party with all of our friends.
Dave and the kids are great. We go in next week for their 6 month and 2 year appointments. I cant believe how time is flying. We introduced Greta to bananas last week and she seemed intrigued. We have had a hard time keeping at it, but need to as she needs more practice. Sully is so sweet and silly. He is definitely expressing some independence, in manageable amounts. We pick and choose our battles, if that means we go out in jammies, so be it. I'm making a conscious to not sweat the small stuff.
 |
| Shower set up. |
 |
| Flowers and place settings. |
 |
| Maggie, Sonia and I |
 |
| A few of the shower guests. |
 |
| Megan's bachelorette party. |
 |
| Sonia's bachelorette party. |
No comments:
Post a Comment