Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Its great that you are so happy."

As I do day to day chores around here, I catch myself thinking of things and remembering certain instances, and today one in particular crossed my mind. I wanted to get it in writing, so it wouldn't fade away like so many memories do.

I was on our return flight from Seattle and was lucky enough to be bumped to first class (ok, so Dave was actually the one bumped because of frequent flier miles, but being the guy he is, he gave the seat to Sully and I). It was wonderful, we had plenty of space, and Sully enjoyed that he was able to stretch out in the window seat.

I was sitting next to a man named Randy, he works for FedEx and was traveling on business. He is a former NFL player and was a very talkative man, and very friendly. He was asking all about Sullivan and our lives. I was deep in conversation when Dave came up to see if I needed any relief from Sully. They quickly exchanged a few words before Dave got kicked back to coach, and we resumed talking. Shortly after Dave left, he looked at Sully and I and made a simple comment that has stuck with me ever since, he said, "Its great that you are so happy." It was only a few words, but it was spot on. I am so lucky to be blessed with a great family, a stellar husband, and a good baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment