When we returned from Steamboat, I knew my dad had Influenza and was feeling pretty crappy, but as the week went on, and after a dose of tamiflu, things didn't improve. Finally, on Friday, he was admitted for influenza and pneumonia, so I booked a flight. I arrived on Saturday afternoon and went right to the hospital to relieve my mom and be available for what might be needed. He was in decent spirits but had a terrible cough and looked tired. Piece by piece, we put him back together. He was discharge on Sunday and we worked all week to rebuild his strength. By the time I came home on Friday, we had good walks and made it out for meals and even went to the fitness center.
It was a tiring week, but a great week to be together, and knowing how much the help is appreciated makes it all worth while. I'm thankful to my village at home for showing up to get the kids to school and home from school and to all of their commitments, biggest thank you to Dave for never even asking me when I was coming home and trusting that I would come when it was time. By the end of the week, I was so happy to see my family.
 |
| Morning walks solo. |
 |
| Daily Goals |
 |
| Going home! |
 |
| Much needed. ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment