Sully and I went to his middle school orientation and oh my gosh he is so grown up. Neither of us really knew what to expect and much to our surprise, there were so many of Sully's friends there, it was great. They all sat and giggled together, until they got split up for the tour, nerves settled in. Sully was quiet and strictly business. Its a massive school compared to where he is now, I'm confident he will do great. He has grown up so much in the last 6 months, he is more social and growing more confident. He says things like "mom, why do you refer to dad as 'daddy,' he is just dad." or "mom, don't call it a 'potty,' its a bathroom." So I guess I need to transition to tween talk and ditch the kid talk ;). He can be as sassy as they come but when push comes to shove, he is still my bud, I love sitting with him at bedtime and talking to him about his tender heart and even though he is growing up physically, his heart is still the same. He melts and reverts back to my little boy, not sure how much longer he will, but I'll take it while he does. I'm so proud of you, Sully.
| Ready or not, here he comes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment