Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Piper auditions and we FINALLY get a snow day!

Piper, leave it to Piper to challenge us to something new. One of her friends had a roll in a local children's theatre production and after seeing the show, she was committed to being a part of the fun. So we looked into it, and much to our surprise, there was a workshop and an audition right around the corner for a spring show. We signed up for the workshop and Piper walked/ran in with her head high with excitement. She did her homework and practiced her lines and songs and was ready for her audition, until it was time to actually audition. Her emotions were so overwhelming, I had a feeling we would have some hurdles to cross, but it was a lot harder than I anticipated. Her tummy hurt and she was SO scared..."mommy, I want to do this and to be with Khloe so bad, but I just can't." I walked her into the bathroom and had sixty second pep talk with her and we walked out as they were lining up and off she went. She DID it! She was so brave for overcoming that fear. She walked out with a splotchy face and I asked her how it went and she said, "great! I mean, I did almost cry when I was waiting for my turn, but I was able to make it." And that was that, we celebrated with Bread and Circus and ice cream and two days later we got the email...she got a part!!!! She is in the animal ensemble in Cinderella...if the Shoe Fits. She can't wait to get going with rehearsals and to be a part of the fun. Good for you, Piper. I'm bursting with pride. 

We followed up that fun and excitement with back to back snow days. The first one is always more fun than the second, ;) but we are making the most of it! 11 inches...better late than never! 

Measurements and photos. 

Just as the nerves were kicking in, but before I knew. 

Snow day neighbor fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment