Late October brings so many forms of fun. We have birthday and Halloween to look forward to, oh and how could I forget the Great Gatherings fundraiser which happened to fall on Greta's birthday this year. Unfortunately, Piper came down with a tummy bug the day before her birthday, so I had to pick her up from school early. It wasn't all bad though, it forced us some quiet family time in an otherwise very busy time of the year. She slowly came around her on her actual birthday and was in perfect shape in time for Halloween (thank goodness as last year we spent Halloween in quarantine since I had COVID). We had celebrated the girl's bday with family the weekend before, so we did all of her favorite things and showered her with love on her day.
Halloween was on a Sunday this year, and it was clear and dry, but pretty cold. The kids lasted an hour or so, but then returned to hand out candy with Virginia and I. Its always so fun to see all of the neighbors and have brief chats, its been too long since we have seen many of them. Sully was a dino, Greta was a Candy Queen (home made by her, awesome!), Piper was a rainbow pegasus and Lor was Oscar the Grouch.
Greta's birthday was perfect, she went to school and had an early dismissal before going for dinner and a movie with the rest of my family and Maggie and Anna, the extra guests made it extra special. They went to Golden Bowl for her favorite meal.
I spent Greta's birthday at our annual fundraiser for my PASI board (Parent Advocates for Spanish Immersion). We had a goal of $50k and made over $60k! I was so proud of our group and their hard word. It was a virtual event again this year, but we are excited to bring it back in person next year, which also happens to be my president year so I'm really hopeful for a successful event.
Now...onto the holidays!
 |
| Sweet Pip is 6. |
 |
| The final harvest bouquet is always my fave. |
 |
| Birthday salsa lessons. |
 |
| Things are getting wild ;). |
 |
| PASI fundraiser, full steam ahead! |
 |
| Sisters, love to match, most of the time. |
 |
| Urgent Care on her bday. |
 |
| Lor as the Grouch! |
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| Some saw a witch, some saw Amy Winehouse. |
 |
| Our dino, candy queen, pegasus, and grouch. |
 |
| Candy cigs for the win! |
 |
| First dose! Whoop! |
 |
| Greta girl is 8! |
No comments:
Post a Comment