The Corona Virus has calmed down a bit in Sioux Falls, but because of the timeline, we didn't feel quire ready to host a birthday party at our house for Sully, so we filled his birthday weekend with family fun and a birthday parade. He did ask a couple of times about having his friends over, but in the end, I think everyone was happy with the change of pace.
We spent Saturday at Palisades State Park for a picnic and an adventure hike and returned for a low key afternoon and dinner out (yay! first time in months - on a patio of course) at our favorite restaurant, Bread and Circus. On Sunday morning, Sully woke up excited about being 8, Greta helped Dave make a number 8 pancake and then we went to do an escape room which was actually really fun. It was called Area 51 and was all about aliens, the girls were so freaked out. We managed to escape and in the end, everyone had a great time.
We came home for birthday presents before hosting a birthday parade. Many of Sully's classmates, family, friends, and even teachers showed up. It was really fun to see everyone, it was low key, low maintenance, and as far as I'm concerned, a great way to turn 8.
Sully makes me proud for so many reason; he is sensitive, fair, and brave. He is a good big brother and has a silly sense of humor. One of the things that currently pops out in my mind is his eagerness to hold my hand. I can't believe how big his hands feel in mine, but they always seem to find their way, and it makes my heart so full.
I love you, Sully and am SO proud of you. I hope 8 is great for you!
 |
| Sully and I at Palisades. |
 |
| Birthday morning. |
 |
| Aliens and a princess/bunny/emoji. |
 |
| So much excitement for the birthday boy. |
 |
The cake request: strawberry with no frosting. I made it with two mini bundt pans for the #8 :). |
 |
| Birthday parade, social distancing at its finest. |
 |
| Look at that line of cars! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment