Sunday, April 7, 2019

Birthdays, park outings, and other spring stuff.

Life clicks away at a pace I can only keep up with by looking back on my photos from the last few weeks. I'm so thankful for this blog and how it helps me to reflect on how much fun (and chaos) we currently have in our life. We are officially overbooked, but Im gradually taking the kids out of some of the commitments in order to have a fun and spontaneous summer. I plan to whittle it down to just taekwondo and piano for the summer and then add in summer camps when the kids want them. 7 more weeks- who's counting ;).

We started March with Maggie and my birthday- 39! I can hardly believe 40 is next. I honestly feel 27 most of the time. We celebrated with our own families on the actual day and then went out with our siblings the following night. We had so much fun!

The week after our birthday, Sioux Falls had torrential rains and flooding. Between a very cold winter and an early downpour, the ground was still frozen and covered in snow resulting in water with no where to go. It was a circus getting around town, many roads were closed, including the busiest intersection in SD. It was an event I won't soon forget.

Dave was on vacation for a week in March and we used the opportunity to talk to Sully's class about our careers. Dave and I dressed the part and talked all about how doctors and nurses work together to take care of patients. We had so many questions from the kids, it was a really fun experience. We had anticipated it being a 20 minute gig and it ended up lasting an hour. Sully was bashful but proud to have us there. Sra Langle asked us many questions in spanish and the kids had to translate for us.

Our very own Greta girl is an official professional shoe tier. Whenever I need to work on school work with Sully, Dave takes Greta to work on her letters and shoe tying, and Im happy to report, it clicked. She is so excited and when she did her own shoes yesterday, her first response was 'mom, I did it, and I can't wait to show Miss Heather tomorrow.' And she did just that and Miss Heather made her the official shoe tier of preschool and Greta said she tied three kids' shoes. Most of the kids wear velcro, so I'm not sure how much of this to believe, but either way, she is proud and thrilled.

Finally, we started this week with an emotional goodbye to Allie, one of our like-family babysitters who is moving to Colorado to be with her boyfriend. I didn't let it sink in until she arrived on Monday that it was her last with us and then I couldn't compose myself. We sent her with a pair of pizza jammies, just like the ones the rest of us have, so when she wears them, she can remember our family.

Celebrating my birthday.
Sibling party. 
Celebrating Kate's birthday with the RDs. 
New shoes all around! 
Our flooded driveways.
Greta's drawing of Mt Rushmore. 
Camo belts with a stripe! 
Dave and I at Sonia Sotomayor Elementary. 
They all still fit together - barely.
Park fun.
Concentration. 
Celebration! 
Isaac's birthday party.
Pizza jammies for Allie. 
Piper's latest obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment