Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Munce family (shenanigans) Christmas.

We had the BEST Christmas celebration with Dave's family on 1/5 (I'm waaay behind on blogs). Its no lie that Dave and I start talking about his family Christmas celebration in September as we love coming up with fun ideas and basically just love the evening overall. This year topped all previous years, It was just SO darn fun.

We prepared beef tenderloin, potatoes, and broccoli. Matt and Cassandra (the newly weds) were in charge of the Buche de Noel. Everyone arrived hungry, in pajamas (it was a PJ party), in great spirits and a jumbo bottle of wine. If that doesn't set the mood, I'm not sure what does!

After dinner, we jumped right into games and piano solos (Sully played We Three Kings, Greta played Jingle Bell,s and Dave played Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas). The first game was a 'fun fact' game we came up with, followed by FOUR+ HOURS of catch phrase. Im not even kidding. The families with little kids left at bedtime, but the rest of us (Sarah and Troy, Matt and Cassandra, Nancy, Ashlee, Dave and I) played until 2am. We went through a ton of wine (including multiple wine spills 😁) and played the game clues through at least two times.  It was the outlaws vs the inlaws and I can honestly say I don't know who won, but I do know who the worst player was ;). The kids had a ball playing with their cousins, Harper and Hilde, Dave had a genius idea of putting on a movie at about 10pm, so most of them drifted off to sleep while the rest of us played the night away.

Sunday was brutal. Our house looked like a tornado had passed through and we had to clean with horrific hangovers and three kids to tend to. Between dishes, wine spills, and out of place furniture, it is safe to say it took us probably three days to pull it all back together, but I'll be the first to say, it was all worth it, Dave's family is seriously SO fun. Ive already been tempted to send out a 'save the date' for next year's gathering, but Ill wait a few more days ;).

Pajama party buffet line. 
The Buche de Noel artists. 
A snapshot of the chaos.
The game is starting to get good. 
Movie time- I spy a sleeper :).
1am. Nancy is feeling the pressure. 
Steady and serious Sarah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment