Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Fave functions, bucket lists, and latest happenings.

Spring has officially sprung- we are in full soccer mode, mixing in karate and piano when we can. Thanks to a couple of April snowfalls, soccer schedules have been condensed in order to get all of the games in and the kids are loving every second of it. Sully had his first goal (yay!) and is definitely more involved and aggressive this year. Greta is gradually getting the hang of it, she reminds me of Sully last year, hanging around the perimeter, but she likes and is having fun out there. Piper is my cheering partner at most events, snacking on snacks, enjoying the cuddle time. She occasionally kicks the ball around with Sully when Dave isn't there and is actually pretty darn good at it.

Arts Night is my fave night. The countdown begins the minute it is over each year. We have so much fun with neighbors and friends socializing and getting into the bidding fun. Unfortunately I felt like crap toward the end of the night so had to come home early and miss the post party fun. The culprit ended up being strep throat, and we were all eventually victims. Ill make up for it next year!

Sully gets glasses! Thanks to Miss Jean for some prompting, I brought him in to see Dr. Jeff, and sure enough, he got a prescription. He is absolutely adorable in them and looks so grown up. Were hoping to get completely used to them by the first day of kindergarten. 

In other news- I ran my first 5k. I made a conscious decision to make a few lifestyle changes around the holidays, and much to my satisfaction, I have held to it. I've made exercise a regular occurrence and it has paid off in many ways. My goal was the Avera 5k on Mother's Day weekend. I have always looked up to the runners in my life and wanted to be among them, and I'm proud to say- its official, I'm there. I ran faster than I had planned and felt an overwhelming feeling of pride every single step I took, especially as I crossed that finish line. Whats next?!

Last, but not least, we celebrated Mother's Day on Sunday. Dave had been on call over the weekend, so spent most of the morning recovering while I prepped for a Sunday brunch with my family. We followed that up with a soccer game for Sophia, a quick visit with Helen and dinner out as a family (bad idea at 7pm). All in all, it was a nice day- relaxing, no, but really nice to spend it with many of my favorite people. 

Next up- preschool graduation for Sully- how are we already here?!

Bedtime snuggles- daddy is on call. 
Arts Night.
Piper and her trademark smirk.
Voting fun. 
Skating party for Sophia's 18th bday.
All grown up. 
Move over, bean...Sioux Falls Sculpture Walk gets a mushroom!
Greta drew me a bathbomb :).
Everyone has strep.
5k squad.
My biggest fan and support guy. 
Spring soccer. 
Cheerleader. 
Mama's helper. 
And my other helper. 
Mother's Day 2018
(Greta and her jammie...all the time...haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment