Thursday, November 16, 2017

Two, Halloween, and Four!

We had a fun week of celebrating the Munce girls, Piper turned 2 and five days later, Greta turned 4. We also jammed a bit of halloween fun in the mix during the week.

Piper is 2! She is a little string bean, working her way out of diapers (potty is about 75% there while number 2s are at 0%- mega yikes). It is so cute to see her little body, her pants hardly stay up now that she is out of diapers. She is sassy and silly, talking so much, and a pretty good tantrum thrower ;). As long as we are able to backtrack to where the tantrum started, we are usually able to work our way out of it, fortunately.

Greta is 4! She is super independent, my helper with all things potty training with Piper, and everything else that needs to be done. She has taken a mama's girl turn and I secretly love it. I love having her close; she is smart, shy, silly, and can do anything (as long as she has her buddy, Sully, nearby). She is into youtube, suckers, playing in the basement, and is gradually getting better at the school drop-off.

I always like to throw in an update on our current sleep situation, because I know someday I'll think back and say something foolish like 'we never had major sleep problems,' or 'the kids rarely slept in our room.' But the reality is that its the exact opposite. Piper had a quick bout of needing one of us in her room every night at some point. We are working our way out of it, but I have never been so happy to have her in a full bed as it gives us another sleep option. Greta is still coming in 98% of the time. Sully comes in about 25% of the time. Our rule of going to bed in your own bed remains, but all bets are off after we are all asleep.  Last week we had our first night where Dave and I woke up alone in our bed since Piper transitioned out of her crib-- yes, you read that right, ONE night. Haha, the good new is is that it can really only get better from here on out.

Halloween was smack dab in the middle of the celebrations, it was a cold year for trick or treaters. Between the cool temps and the wind, our kids only lasted out for a little more than an hour before they came home with cold faces and runny noses. We still had a good amount of trick or treaters here (250 per my count ;)). We love being in the neighborhood year round, but especially at Halloween time.

Celebrating Piper on her day: October 30th. 
Halloween fun- Peppa Pig, Pink Power Ranger, and Bumblebee. 
Trick or treating with the Kimbers.
Cassandra leads the birthday song. 
Big wishes from these two. 
Matching princess outfits. 
Mama with her girls. 
And one with Sully. 
All things Greta on November 5th. 
Three pretty princesses. 
What I imagined bedtime would be like.
Bedtime reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment