The idea started with a Maggie/Anna and Suzie/Greta trip to Minneapolis and then turned into both of our families traveling together to Minneapolis. Then things got really crazy when we took the kids out of the equation and broadened our horizons. Before we knew it, we had settled on Chicago and Hamilton. We had hoped to rally all of the siblings and my parents, but ended up with our foursome conquering The Windy City.
Dave and I arrived on Friday evening (Maggie and Jeff traveled earlier in the day) and met the Olivers at the Chicago Athletic Club for drinks, dinner, and more drinks. Maggie and I studied the bar tenders making fancy cocktails while the guys did their thing. It was unwinding at its finest. We made our way back to the hotel to get a decent nights sleep before a full Saturday.
We started Saturday with a coffee stop before catching our architectural segway tour, which was hilarious and informative. Those machines are really funny and the way we all looked cruising down Michigan Avenue was definitely a site to see. We followed that with lunch and shopping before heading back to the hotel to regroup and then dinner with Jill (my long time college bff) and then Hamilton. I don't even know where to begin with the explanation of the show. It lives up to ALL of its hype. I had been preparing for weeks with the music and kept pinching myself when I was actually taking it in in person. I loved every second of it and really hope to see it again.
Maggie and Jeff caught an early flight on Sunday morning while Dave and I had some time to explore before our 4pm flight. We decided on (another) architectural tour, but this time by boat. It was perfect. The weather was warm for an October morning and the tour was relaxing and informative. We grabbed a bite to eat riverside and then made our way to the airport.
We had a great weekend away, it was short and sweet, but we made the most of it. Chicago has so much to offer and its so doable, it will definitely go into our get-away rotation. Thanks to Dave and Maggie and Jeff for a really fun weekend- and being the best travel partners.
*** Meanwhile, back in Sioux Falls, Courtney was a trooper with all of our kids for the first 24 hours, in addition to two flat tires and having to have my car towed to the dealership- ugh! ***
 |
| Cindy's |
 |
| And these two- the lucky ones :). |
 |
| Maggie mastering the segway. |
 |
| Dave- getting the swing of things. |
 |
| Hahaha! |
 |
| Michigan Ave cruise. |
 |
| Dave and I looking ultra nerdy. |
 |
| The Olivers. |
 |
| Group photo. |
 |
| Millenium Park- Dave didn't get the coral message ;). |
 |
| Dave and I. |
 |
| Chicago streets. |
 |
| Hamilton prep. |
 |
| Set photo. |
 |
| Boat tour with Dave on our final day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment