Dave and I continued our annual tradition of dividing and conquering in order to visit longtime favorite friends. Piper and Dave went to see John and Vicky in Vermont while Sully, Greta, and I went to visit Stacy's family in St. Louis. We both had our work cut out for us, loaded down with kids and belongings while catching planes. Much to my delight, neither of us had any flight issues or delays.
Dave and Piper kept busy mostly indoors as they had rainy weather and mosquitos to deal with. They were able to enjoy the local farmer's market and some park time. His highlight was getting some one on one time with Piper. He turned 55 over the weekend and loved the extra snuggles he got from her. We missed them greatly.
Sully, Greta and I were so busy with Stacy and her kids. We had ice cream, burgers, neighborhood fun, Arch photos, and even an outing to see Paw Patrol Live which was a major hit with all of the kids. It was so fun to watch them all play together. Stacy and I were even able to have a couple of meals in peace while the kids kept busy amongst themselves. As usual, Stacy spoiled me with a facial and a massage outing, and we were able to get a sitter so we could enjoy some adult time out on the town. Greta was not ready to come home. On our fifth and final day, we woke up and I told her we would be traveling home later that day and she quickly replied with 'mom, I'm not ready to go home. I want to stay in St. Louis for 180 more days.' We are always thankful for our time with Stacy and her family.
The travel home was no joke. We flew through O'Hare and during the long walk to our next gate, Greta literally gave up and simply laid down in the middle of the busy terminal, and then started crawling and meowing like a cat. Haha, she is a dandy ;).
It was sweet relief to have us all under the same roof after 5 days away.
 |
| First flight. |
 |
| The welcoming committee! |
 |
| Room for all the kiddos in Stacy's minibus ;). |
 |
| Sam is basically in charge of everything- here she is reading bedtime stories. |
 |
| Jazz Fest fun. |
 |
| Stacy and I. |
 |
| Downtown Glendale. |
 |
| Photo op at the Arch. |
 |
| And the kids. Tommy, Joey, Greta, Sam, and Sully. |
 |
| Paw Patrol- look at those smiles! |
 |
| Over O'Hare. |
 |
| Piper mastering O'Hare with daddy. |
 |
| Travel buddies arrive in Albany. |
 |
| Rutland Farmer's Market. |
No comments:
Post a Comment