Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Twin cities x2.

Dave was lucky enough to get another boy's weekend in the books, and he snuck it in just before my annual get away with Maggie, which made for two busy weekends in a row.

Dave and two of his friends went to St. Paul to see Green Day. They made it an overnight trip as it worked best with everyone's schedule. They had lots of fun driving, eating, concert going, socializing, eating, and more driving, they had a great time.

The kids and I had a mellow (besides loosing Sully) weekend here with perfect weather. We headed to the park for a picnic on Saturday for lunch and I ran into a neighbor and briefly chatted while Sully went ahead (to the park, I assumed). When the girls and I arrived he was nowhere to be found. I briefly panicked and sent some neighbors in one direction while I went the other with Piper and Greta. As I approached our 'usual' route home, I spotted him scooting in front of a neighbor's house, his little red helmet bobbing up and down with each scoot. My neighbor popped her head out and assured me she has been watching him most of his way down the boulevard as she knew something was amiss since I was nowhere in sight. Yikes, that was more than I had bargained for. The little trooper even crossed a sort of busy street with no issues. We have had a few important conversations since then and he has been better about sticking close.

Maggie and I took off the following Thursday for an extended get away (80 hours, Dave was sure to remind me ;)). We hit up all of the usual spots and were able to even get in some bonus things, like a walk around Lake Harriet in my old neighborhood. We shopped at the MOA, 50th and France, The Galleria, and tried some new restaurants as well. My best friend, Leanne, was able to join us for 24 hours of fun. It was great to shop and converse for almost 24 hours straight. With all of this wonderful technology, real FaceTime is still the best. As usual, Mag and I are perfect shopping/travel partners. Although we have some different priorities, we are always able to find the time to get it all in and make sure we are both heading home happy. Can't wait until next year's, although I hope it's not a whole year away.

Dave was busy at home with the daily grind and was more than happy to see us pull in the driveway on Sunday.
Green Day fun. 
Scooter/stroller squad. 
Sweet Piper, getting so big.
Lake Harriet Stroll. 
Pick up truck master- parking and city driving.
We are obv serious about shopping when the pick-up is involved. 
Shopping with Leanne- yes, we all bought the same top. 
Piper showing off her new shoes. 
Sully is quoted in his school newsletter.
National Siblings Day. 
Greta's current bathtub obsession. 
Helping daddy pull in the garage. 
"Sully, how did you smile for pictures today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment