We have had a full and fun November, between mild and wild weather, holidays, and three busy kids, we are on our toes.
My last entry was right before a trip Sully and I had planned to take to St. Louis (which was delayed, more on that later), and it feels like life has been on fast forward since then. I had geared up to wean Piper completely while we were gone and as life would have it, she took her first attempts at consecutive steps the evening before our flight. I was thrilled, but sad as I knew the following morning was our last nursing moments. Right before I knew it, she was turning into a toddler. As it turned out, we were socked with a snowstorm and our flight was delayed 10 hours which was a disaster considering our trip was less than 48 hours total. After a couple of important phone calls and lunch, we decided to delay the trip for two weeks. We made the right decision as our original flight ended up departing after midnight and arriving in Mpls around 1:30am, where we would have been stranded until the next flight to St Louis the following day. We ended up having a very low key weekend; I got lots of Christmas shopping done, an evening in with Maggie, and we bought our Christmas tree.
We celebrated Thanksgiving the following week with a gathering at my parents' house. We had a small group this year; Maggie and her family, Sam and his family, my parents, and us. My cousin, Sara stopped over with her family for a visit, but otherwise it was very low key. We had the usual spread and the kids had a blast. We hardly knew they were around as they do such a good job entertaining each other. We were grateful for the food and family time.
Sully and Greta are getting so fun. They play inside games together and I love to hear them run around here entertaining themselves. As long as we are not dealing with tired or hungry kids, they really are the best of friends. I have been meaning to include a couple of Sullyisms. He refers to packages as 'wrapages' and when he came home from school last week I had asked him what he had for a snack and he said 'mom, today we had graham crappers.' Greta has her own, she has turned into a master negotiator. I will ask her to get her cozy for quite time and she follows it up with, 'how 'bout I watch my iPad for just a few minutes.' or when telling her to finish her dinner, I get 'how 'bout I eat my dinner with just a couple of halloween candies.' Stay tuned for more.
Sully and I are reattempting our trip to St. Louis on Friday. We are really excited to see the Winters!
 |
| One last park outing before the snow comes in. |
 |
The neighborhood girls on the stroller. Piper, Khloe (both 12mos), Annika (4) and Greta (3) |
 |
| Greta is SO excited about her holiday dress. |
 |
| 'Say cheese and look at me!' |
 |
| Matching sisters. |
 |
| The first experience in the snow. |
 |
| She is thrilled! |
 |
| Airport rehearsal. |
 |
| We found the tree! |
 |
Kids table at Thanksgiving. Hudson (10), Isaac (8), Sully (4), Greta (3), and Anna (5) |
 |
| The whole crew. |
 |
| My baby girl, getting so big. |
 |
| Three dinosaurs. |
 |
| Christmas jammie photo shoot. |
 |
| Photoshoot fail. |
 |
My first attempt at HyVee with all three (in jammies). Yikes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment