Sunday, October 23, 2016

Greta does preschool, Piper does the slide, Dave does NYC.

October brought new routines, growing kids, a change in weather, and an unexpected trip for Dave. 

Greta started at Miss Jean's and as I had expected, it has been a great fit for her. We head right out to her house after we drop Sully at school and she talks the whole way about how excited she is and about the things she hopes they do that day. I generally walk her in and she talks a mile a minute to Miss Jean about all of the important things (i.e. "Can we play play doh? Can we paint? Where's your puppy? What's your mom's name?" and that is word for word what she said on her first day). I get numerous photos during the day with captions like 'We are two peas in a pod.' We are so lucky to have Miss Jean. 

Piper mastered the slide at the park. She pulls herself up the equipment and steadies herself on the slide before letting herself slip down. She is so brave and such a big girl. She is turning into a toddler right before my eyes. I can hardly believe she is almost one. We are dabbling into her Miss Jaspers' mornings and while it is bittersweet, I'm ready to have a morning to myself. She continues to sleep through the night and we are talking about weaning as soon as she turns one. It is a one sided conversation, but I am definitely ready, I hope she is, too ;).

Sully continues with his weekly routines. We added Miss Jean to his preschool agenda so he goes full days on Wednesday between preschool and Miss Jean in the afternoon. We are struggling with some growing pains and hope he settles into his new routine soon and that we are not taking on too much for him. Time will tell. He is definitely our routine oriented little boy who doesn't like too much change. 

Dave was disappointed when Green Day announced a short tour and it seemed all of the dates either fell on a weekday or a call day for him. After learning the venue was very intimate (1,500 people), he was set on making something work. Fortunately for him, he has some great partners (and a great wife) and was able to make a trade to get to their show in NYC. He and his concert buddy, Paul, left on a Friday and spent the evening wandering the streets of Manhattan and did more of the same on Saturday before the show on Saturday evening. They had a great time exploring and concert going and made it home safe and sound on Sunday. Wouldn't ya know, Green Day has miraculously announced many many more dates this spring all over the US. I'm sure you can imagine who is trying to find dates to get to more shows...

Greta's first day of preschool.
All three.
Halloween crafting fun. 
The end result. 
Piper masters the pout/tantrum.
Bestys trying to nap together. Haha, I'm too smart for that.
Group selfie for Dave while he is in NYC.
Piper helps me plant tulips.
Post-tubby fun.
Green Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment