Birthdays are for celebrating.
As Dave's birthday approached we tossed around several celebration ideas. We decided on dinner here with the kids, Dave's meal of choice was grilled pizzas. The pizza turned out great even though we are slightly out of practice. Dessert was Dave's favorite, chocolate bundt cake with white icing. The kids helped me decorate the cake, so needless to say, it was full of green and pink sprinkles. It was a mellow and perfect evening.
We celebrated with family last evening and really wanted to keep it focused on downtown favorites. We met for drinks and apps at Prairie Berry followed by dinner on the patio at The Market, we ended the evening at Crave on their patio. It was fun to walk everywhere and appreciate the vast improvements of downtown and the absolute perfect weather. Dave and I are both moving a little slow today but still feel a high after the fun we had. We are so grateful for everyones enthusiasm for Dave and I am so thankful that I get to party plan for such a deserving guy. It reminds me of when I was in the hospital after I delivered Sully. A nurse walked in and made the connection that I was married to Dave (he works with many of the staff there when he does OB cases). She quickly said 'so you are Dr. Munce's wife? He was the most eligible bachelor around here for so many years!' As perfect timing and life collided, fate stepped in and yes, I am the lucky one. But he is lucky, too :). We compliment each other so well and I am proud to call him mine. Between our kids and our life, my cup runneth over.
Happy Birthday, babe! Its just going to keep getting better.
 |
| Daddy's girls in matching clothes. |
 |
| Bayern Munich matching jammies. |
 |
| Daddy takes the princess to Hy Vee. |
 |
| Dave and the kids and birthday fun. |
 |
| Sarah, Troy, Dave, Lauren, Matt, Cassandra, and Ashlee. |
 |
| Dave and I. |
 |
The whole group! Sarah, Cassandra, Ashlee, Matt, Paul, Mary Ellen, Troy, Suzie, Dave, Matt, Lauren, Maggie, Liz, and Jeff. |
No comments:
Post a Comment