Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Half way through March.

I can't believe St Patrick's Days is already here.

Piper and I went to St Louis the weekend of March 4-6 to visit Stacy. And get this, she scheduled a birthday facial/eyebrow wax for me. She got extra babysitter help for the kids and I was instructed to go and relax and not to worry about a thing. It was amazing. The rest of the weekend was fast and fun, we played outside, went out to dinner (with four kids, it took us 50 minutes, when we got back to the car, the clock said 5:50, we were completely spent). Stacy and I had lots of chat time and ice cream, a St Louis tradition I look forward to. Piper traveled like a little champ, no surprise there.

Dave and the kids kept busy at home, they spent lots of time with the Olivers, which they love. It also gave Dave a short break from time to time which is always nice. Its hard to believe when you have just the two of them they seem easy. Boy has our perspective changed.

We returned on Sunday and Dave was off for the week. I turned 36 on Monday and spent it with Dave and the kids and my family. My favorite part was sleeping (sort of) uninterrupted until 9am. It was so nice to hear from so many friends on my special day.  The rest of the week consisted of a work shift for me and a few appointments for Dave. Its always nice to feel like we are checking things off of our master list.

The highlight of my week was buying Sully a new bike. After all of the construction over the last couple of years we have lacked outdoor space and toys. He has picked it up so quickly and absolutely loves it. Greta is a little less interested, but knowing her personality, she won't be too far behind.

Piper had her 4 month check up and she checked out perfect. She is 14lbs 12oz (55th percentile) and 23.5 inches long (10th percentile). She is officially rolling over, in both directions, so she made the transition to her crib (for most of the night). I am not good about putting her back in her crib after the first feeding, but I'm working it. She was up twice last night, at 2 and 5, so we have some work to do there, but I truly don't know any different as this has been the trend with all of my kids and I really don't mind it, although I do miss my sleep :).

We are back to the daily grind this week. Daylight savings has thrown a bit of a wrench into the routine, but we will adjust eventually.

Enjoy the photos below.

Piper's first flight. 
Hanging with mama.
Taco Johns fun with the Olivers and Grandma Banana. 
Darth Vadar makes everything better.
BFFs watching Monsters Inc.
Birthday photo attempt with all three ;).
Piper's first swing. 
Bike riding with a neighbor buddy, Kade. 
Sweet Pip, 4 months.
Coffee date with Daddy. 
Sully is getting good on the swing set. 
Whats your favorite color, Sully?
Sisterly love. 
Afternoon full of fun at Maggie's.
Sweet Munce kiddos. 





No comments:

Post a Comment