What a year it has been, I'm sitting in my dining room with a house full of sleepers trying to complete my last blog entry of the year before the ball drops in Central Standard Time, and I'm cutting it close. We spent the evening with our kids, eating take out pizza and ice cream and then watching 'The Incredibles,' we really wouldn't have it any other way.
There have been some sad and stressful times this year. We moved three times and unloaded a storage pod, all while being pregnant with baby number three. The house project is demanding and rewarding at the same time. We are so close(!) but have a little way to go. We said goodbye to my 99 year old grandpa and continue to pray for peace for my mom who is mourning his passing. Kenzie also moved on which was a difficult transition for all of us. We are grateful for the growth from each of these events, but are saddened by their void.
We celebrated the birth of Piper and have loved to see the way she fits into our family. She is the perfect blend of Sully and Greta, we couldn't ask for more. I'm excited about potty training two kids in one year (ok, Greta prolly has a week or so to go, but she is out of diapers!). We had two fun family weddings, making our family more diverse and complete. My friend family has grown by wonderful neighbors, an addition I have hoped for for years, they are really amazing people. We have reconnected with old friends, too. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to also spend short amounts of time with my college friends, they have made me me and I crave those weekends together. Im thankful for my immediate family, to grow with my siblings (+ spouses + kids) and both of my parents. My twin sis deserves her own blog entry, I am so lucky for her involvement and encouragement, often times first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, and especially in the delivery room. She is just what both Dave and I need. I love my village of people (my cleaning lady, babysitters, our designer, our contractor, my mom and sister) who are helping me through these crazy days with my young kids and a construction project, but I mostly love my husband. Dave and I celebrated 5 years this year and although I know these first five are just a drop in the bucket, I am thankful for each day. He is my sounding board and my biggest supporter through all of it. I hit the jackpot with that deal :). Ok, it is 11:58 and I need to add photos! You get the picture. The overriding theme is family, and Im so thankful for each and everyone of you, no matter how you fit in.
I'm looking forward to what 2016 has in store. I'm hoping for continued peace and love for our family and to all of those surrounding me.
 |
| Talking to daddy at work. |
 |
| NYE dinner chaos. |
 |
| Sweet sisters. |
 |
| Movie night with our little super hero. |
No comments:
Post a Comment