We are making noticeable house progress, which feels amazing. Last week was a bit stressful as both the designer and contractor were on vacation, but we pulled through and things kept moving. Then on Sunday we learned our renal house has been rented out to another guest on Thursday evening, so our move out date jumped two days. The landlord assured me that if we wanted to come back on Friday for the night, we were welcome (HAHA). Moving once is enough at this point in my life, let alone two more times. The attic is getting carpeted today, the tiler has laid tiles in two bathrooms and is in the process of finishing the third. The goal is to get me a shower by our move in date and a toilet other than the port a potty (HAHA again). The roof tiles are being removed today and will be replaced after the paper beneath is replaced. Just as they were starting to put down new paper, a completely unplanned and unforcasted sprinkle started (isn't it ironic?). We had originally been promised a functional but not finished kitchen, but we wont even have a kitchen floor by this weekend (thank goodness for dorm appliances we have borrowed from friends with college aged kids). I am optimistic that once we move in, we will see remarkable progress each day and life will gradually feel more normal. I am stressed out and so excited at the same time. I want to be home so bad, but I wanted the house to be closer when we moved home. I was talking to a friend over the weekend and she was talking me through my stress and said, "if I were you, I'd either be a huge b!t<h all of the time, or else I'd constantly be crying." It was in that single validating line that I realized where all of these tears and impatience has come from. I am experiencing emotions I didn't know I was capable of. And then I'm reminded of the response my dad gave to me when this all started "just remember, Suzie, these are all things your brought upon yourself." I laugh to myself through gritted teeth. I cannot believe we are so far in. I know looking back I will be so grateful, as what has been completed looks perfect, Dave and I get lost in our excitement. I just wish we chose to do it when the kids were older or maybe when I wasn't pregnant.
The kids are busy, but so sweet. Today Sully locked Greta in to one of the bedrooms at the rental with my phone in there with her. We didn't have tools at the house because we are in the process of moving. I was panicked and she was hysterical. It was awful to see her little fingers reach under the door while I scrambled to figure something out. Fortunately, all was resolved (with the help of a dismantled fork) and I made a swift exit as soon as Dave got home. I was desperate for some alone time. Sully is in Vacation Bible School this week and he is so sweet. He packs his puppy backpack and his robot lunch box and then cries when I drop him off. Last night he came home with a handmade picture of what is supposed to be baby Jesus in the manger and when Dave pointed to the baby and asked him it's name, he replied, 'thats baby GG,' seriously, melt my heart.
Fortunately the house headache is temporary, and the kids are permanent :).
 |
| Tubby time with sweet Greta. |
 |
| Flowers to detract from the constructions mess. |
 |
| Refinishing the floors in the master bedroom. |
 |
| New tile in the upstairs laundry/former master bath. |
 |
Looking in to the new master bath, this used to be the master bedroom closet. Refinished floors and new tile. |
 |
Standing in the new master bath. New walk in closet to the left. Recessed lighting throughout. |
 |
| Ready for VBS! |
 |
| So excited about his chalk drawing during VBS. |
 |
| Mmmmm! Dilly bars. |
 |
| Removing tiles (in the rain!). They stopped shortly after this photo. |
 |
| "Look at mama and say 'MONEY PIT!'." |
No comments:
Post a Comment