After much anticipation and excitement, Sully turned two! I can't believe how wild the past two years have been, I could go into detail, but Ill leave you with the gist of it: in the last 24 months, I have nursed for 14 of them and was pregnant for the other 10. Talk about cramming it in. Besides bags under my eyes and the occasional melt down, life is pretty good.
We had a birthday party for Sully on Friday, one day early due to a wedding we attended on Saturday. We grilled burgers, brats and hot dogs, opened gifts, sang birthday songs and ate cake. Sully had a blast. He spent most of the party on the swing set, as did many of the other guests. I wish I could have pushed pause, what a perfect night. Sullivan used the word 'no' appropriately for the first time on his second birthday (speech therapy is paying off ;)), and even had a couple of melt downs. Perfect timing. In spite of all of those 'typical' two year old things, he is still the sweetest boy. He is learning new things every day and Dave and I love to watch grow. We are so lucky to be his mommy and daddy.
In other news, Greta is still as smiley as ever. In the last 3 weeks she has grown four (4) new teeth. Yes, you read that right, four, poor thing. We are up to a grand total of six. We are working hard to improve her sleep habits, which is challenging, but we are trying to focus on the big picture. Now that those teeth are in, Im hoping for dramatic improvements ;).
As I previously mentioned, we spent Sully's birthday at a wedding. My longtime friend, Sonia got married, ironically enough, it was her birthday, too. It was a beautiful wedding, Dave and I had really fun time celebrating with lots of friends who were in town for the big day. Congratulations, Sonia and Brad!
 |
| Birthday Boy. |
 |
| My dad, honorary grill master. |
 |
| Opening gifts with a little help from his favorite girl ;). |
 |
| Signing 'thank you' to someone for a gift. |
 |
| Matchy match, although Isaac may be a smidgen cooler. |
 |
| Blowing out the candles. |
 |
| Dave turns 52, Sullivan turns 2, and Jeff turns 40 all in the same week. |
 |
| Family photo. |
 |
| Congrats, Sonia! |
No comments:
Post a Comment