Thursday, February 13, 2014

Its cold and we have colds.

Today marks two weeks of ailments around here. It started with a nasty cold for Greta, which Sully caught over the weekend. He hasn't been hit quite as hard as Greta, but he is still a bit under the weather. Just as Greta was getting over her cold, her manageable case of cradle cap got extremely out of hand. She was lucky enough to see the Pediatrician twice in about ten days. I feel so helpless. Her little scalp looks awful and is even oozing a bit of clear fluid. Dr Sam was concerned that she may be at the early phases of an infection so prescribed her an antibiotic and recommended a couple of creams. I have to admit, we have been pretty lucky considering this is the first time we have ever been on antibiotics in this household. We are really hoping this takes care of it as the next step will be modification of my diet and then a possible dermatology consult. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to be bothered by any of this. She remains a happy little camper, smiling as soon as she makes eye contact with anyone. 

The weather around here isn't helping matters much, either. Everyone has been complaining about the horrendous winter, and I am happy to report that I am one of those complainers. What a miserable winter it has been. It is 18 degrees today and it feels like a heat wave. We are way to familiar with the 'arctic blasts' of -10 degrees. I feel like between the weather and the colds we have been homebound for two weeks. 

Greta has been making a bit of sleeping progress, she is spending most of her naps in her crib and spends her first shift of sleep (8-11pmish) in there as well. I am still being lazy about getting her back down in her room for the rest of the night, it will come. She is getting up every 3-4 hours, so about 2-3 times each night. She is 14 weeks old and is as sweet as can be. 

I will include a few photos over the last week or so. We are anxious for sunshine, warmer days, clean noses and a soft scalp :).


Kenzie and Sully
Pizza Ranch fund raiser for Lauren's dance team.
Anna comes to play, she is reading Sully a story. 
Sully's attempt to carry Greta.  
Sully gets a hair cut.  
Greta girl. 
Nap time. 
Cutie pies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment