Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Connelly family vacation.

The planning for the Connelly get together started nearly a year ago when my mom called Maggie and I to start looking for a cabin. There were so many options. Do we do a resort, VRBO, etc.? After a month or so of looking, I checked out. Fortunately, Maggie was more persistent and found a spot north of Alexandria on Lake Miltona. The cabin was great, slept us all comfortably and had a great kitchen and community area, as well as a massive front lawn complete with a fire pit and a sandy beach. My dad hauled his old fishing boat up and we rented their pontoon boat as well. What more could we ask for?

We had lots of fun, my sister in law, Shelley, celebrated her 40th birthday, and my dad celebrated his 73rd (with walleye he caught earlier that day). We had huge family meals and enjoyed being together. The weather was so-so, it only rained once or twice, but it was cool, in the low 70s. I was bummed for the kids as it wasn't prime lake weather, but I did not complain as I neared my third trimester.

We had some excitement as well, my dad had his old fishing boat all fixed up for the festivities. One evening as I was lying in bed with Anna reading her stories, I heard Maggie come into the house and say something about needing an extinguisher, a boat and a fire. Anna and I quickly went out to see what was going on. When we walked outside we were greeted with lots of excitement, Alex was getting the old fishing boat ready for an evening ride when the engine started on fire. Fortunately, no one was hurt and it was under control by the time we got outside. My dad had it in the shop the following day and back on the water, but forgot to replace the plug. I did not see it first hand, but it sounded like it was moments from sinking. I cant imagine how we would have recovered that incident. Sully rounded out the excitement with taking a few steps and getting another tooth.

I was spoiled with lots of rest. Dave woke up with Sully every morning, whisked him out of the room and quietly closed the door so I could sleep until my heart was content. What a gift. I hit my 28 week mark on Saturday and have definitely started to feel pregnant. The baby moves a lot and sleep is harder and harder to come by. The end is near, however, and baby excitement is starting to sneak in.

Isaac and Sully on the beach.  
By buddy, growing up so fast. 
Oliver/Munce family photo. 
Sully working on his balance. 
Sully and daddy driving, grandpa supervising. 
Munce family photo. Sully is 14 mos,
Im 28 weeks pregnant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment