With a move in our near future, we plan to sell our current home. We love it so much. It is perfect in every way, except that it is a smidgen small. With only two bedrooms on the upper level, we feel the only way to move is out, especially since Sully will still be just a little guy when the new baby arrives. The real estate market has been booming in our area, so I thought it would worth a shot to try to sell ours by owner before going the realtor route. I had no idea how stressful this would be.
We began the process nearly a month ago. Boxing up all of the things we don't currently need. Wow, we have a lot of stuff. Slowly, but surely, each room is looking a bit less homey, but more spacious with the absence of photos and nick-nacks (aka clutter?) that populates the corners. I will admit, it looks great, but Im also looking forward to cluttering up my new fridge with familiar photos and silly magnets.
I had the house ready to photo a couple of days ago and it took me all day, shuffling things from room to room so the room being photographed looked perfectly staged. In the end, the photos looked great. The house looks so spotless. After a couple of desperate phone calls to friends and my realtor "am I taking on too much on?," or "am I asking way too much?," I pulled the trigger. I established a zillow site and had Maggie post it to Facebook because I was a chicken. But there, it went viral and shortly after, a sign went up in our front yard.
I was expecting the phone to immediately start ringing, and here I sit, exactly 24 hours later, and not one bite, not even a prank. How disappointing. I feel like I have completely gone out on a limb. In the scheme of things, it has only been 24 hours, but to this very impatient person, every minute has been brutal. Im still asking myself "Did I take on too much?, Did I ask too much?" We are going to give it one month, and then bring in the realtor to take over. So, cross your fingers, and spread the word...hopefully something pans out, and if not, at least I can say we tried.
In case you are interested... :)
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1700-South-6th-Ave-Sioux-Falls-SD-57105/2111722383_zpid/
No comments:
Post a Comment