Friday, April 26, 2013

That was easy!

Where do I begin?

The Munce household has some big news...again! It seems like I was just establishing this blog yesterday in anticipation of a baby; he is here, and has completely changed our lives. We are busy, happy, tired, and so thankful for Sullivan. On that note, we are excited to announce that baby #2 is on it's way! Wowser! That happened so fast, and so, do I dare even say it...easy! After so much difficulty, heart break and heart ache to get our first baby, it seems something has clicked and apparently my body is able to do the right thing all by itself. We had intentions of starting to 'try' in March, but I got a positive pregnancy test on February 22. Just like that, 13 weeks have come and gone. After half a dozen ultrasounds and appointments, it appears the baby is perfect in every way. Gosh, I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bring a tear to my eye just thinking about that. Although I'm not 'advanced maternal age' quite yet (I'm 33), I am older, reproductively speaking, and know there are risks involved. So, for perfect measurements, a strong heart beat (it was 153), and a fetus that will hardly sit still for a few photos, we are grateful.

I will admit, the news came as a major shock to both Dave and I. When we got married, all Dave wanted was a big family surrounding him, lots of kids and laughter. I wanted lots of kids myself, but knew with our ages, time would be our limiting factor. We are obviously not messing around, and are working as fast as we can to make it all happen. We will be busier and even more tired come November 2, but we are prepared (as best as we can be) to handle the challenges and excitement of two.

Sullivan's big news. 

Baby Munce #2 at 12 weeks, 5 days.

After the ultrasound, we took Sullivan for a celebratory swing.
The perfect ending to a pretty perfect day.


No comments:

Post a Comment