Sully had been spending the early morning hours in our bed when he was up more frequently in the night, which was less than conducive to my sleep, but the snuggles were priceless. There is nothing quite as cozy as the three of us snuggled in our warm bed. It brings me back to when I was young, Maggie and I loved to be near my parents (mom) every chance we got. Most of our nights were spent on sleeping bags on their floor. We would take turns, one of us on my mom's side, the other at the foot of the bed, and vice versa. My mom eventually bribed us out of their room by promising to give us back rubs each night before bed, which I still fondly remember. I remember her sometimes scratchy hands or nails from digging in the dirt all day and her apologizing for that. Or sick days home from school, her bed was always the treasured spot, so cozy and quite, with an occasional pop in from our personal nurse for the day.
Dave recently mentioned how he missed Sully in our bed, and how nice it was to wake up to him snuggled in between us. He will often ask if he can bring him in if he wakes up in the early morning hours. I am not opposed to it, but it just has not happened. We try to soak up his snuggles when we are rocking him to sleep before a nap or bedtime, something we both really look forward to. In fact I sometimes feel like we fight to be the one who gets to do it.
We (I know I can speak for Dave on this) never knew we could have this much love for another human being.
| Midnight snuggles. |
| Sleeping beauties. |
| Rocking with daddy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment