Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Special Tree, Special Boy

Dave, Sullivan and I got home from California on Saturday evening and as we turned the corner onto our street, I looked towards our house, wondering a few things, like; are the pumpkins still there? Are my mums still alive? Are they starting to bloom yet? etc. Thats when I saw it, one of our Maple trees was the color of a bright red apple. In the six falls I have been in my house, I have never seen anything so awesome. Many of the trees on my street are still green which makes this one stick out even more. I immediately grabbed my camera and started taking photos. Little did I know, this would become my obsession over the next few days. 

We have had several neighbors and walkers stop by to take a quick photo, or snag a few leaves. It has really been fun to chat with the people about our little prize in the front yard. My across the street neighbor has been in her house for 30 or so years and said this is the first time the tree has turned this color. 

On a side note, Dave and I kind of have an inside joke, lots and lots of people comment on how Sullivan's hair has the slightest tint of red, which we both find interesting considering neither of us have red hair in our family's history. Whenever people make the comment, we just smile and say, yep "we have our little strawberry blonde baby, and love every ounce of him." We usually chat about the comment later in the day and smile, thinking that was about the millionth strawberry blonde comment so far. 

So, looking for the reasoning behind the tree, I decided to correlate the two. Our beautiful Maple tree is one in a million, and our beautiful strawberry blonde Sullivan is our one in a million :).

Isaac came to play in the leaves.

Sullivan and the Maple tree.
One more angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment