Thursday, March 8, 2012

One of the Lucky Ones

The crib is complete!

We picked out the crib several weeks ago and waited until we were both ready before purchasing it. I was so excited to see it all come together, but had plans with some girlfriends, so thought we would get to it the following day. Much to my surprise, when I returned home from my dinner plans, I found the crib completely assembled. I was thrilled! It looked great. I couldn't have asked for a better surprise.

I have a great man on my hands.

Our baby is so lucky to have a daddy like Dave. He is patient, kind, smart, curious, and humble (among many other great qualities). I often reflect on Dave's life and my perception of it. I cant imagine how it has changed in the last 3 years. He had been a man on his own for so long, doing things according to his own agenda, on his own timeline, here is is now, prepping for a newborn. It is hard to believe he will turn 50 two weeks before the baby is due. I will say first hand, he has handled the changes quite well. He is so accommodating and (usually) has a smile on his face.

I dont say it enough... I love you, Dave, and cant wait for this next adventure.

Here are a few pictures of Dave hard at work:






No comments:

Post a Comment